1. Do you like rainy days?
I will say no cos it’s kinda inconvinient to run around or whatever.and what else i wanna say is i don’t like the feeling of getting wet when i have something to do.
2. What do you do on rainy days?
Well it kind of depends really, because if there are some things I have to do regardless of whether it’s raining or not, you know, like going to lectures and stuff. But when I’m free, I tend to just chill out at home if it’s raining. So for example, I might read a book ,watch TV or just sleep.
3. Do you think rain is good?
Yeah, for sure. I mean, for one thing, it helps get rid of all the dust in the air. And secondly, it’s good for the natural environment. You know, it helps all the plants and vegetation stay alive. So although I don’t particularly like the rain, I understand the need for it!
4. Does rain ever affect transportation in your hometown?
Yeah, most definitely, because you know, whenever it rains, the traffic always seems to get a lot more congested. I’m not exactly sure why, but I guess it’s probably because cars have to drive slower in the rain.
5. Is there any part of China where it doesn't rain much?
Yeah, I’d say there a quite a few areas of the country where it doesn’t rain a lot, the most obvious place being the Gobi Desert, which I guess never gets any rain, what with being a desert and all! And also I’d say the north of China, in general, doesn’t really get all thatmuch rain, at least compared with the south, so a lot of that part of the country is quite dry.
6. What effects can a shortage of rain have on people’s lives?
Well thinking about it, I suppose one of the biggest affects it can have is on our food supply, because things like fruit and vegetables need water to grow, and rain provides the water. So you know I think it’s pretty safe to say that a shortage of rain is likely to result in a decrease in our overall food supply.
7. Can you remember a time when it rained particularly heavily in your
Yeah I can. About a year or so ago, we had, like, several days of torrential rain, almost non-stop, and so the whole of my neighbourhood got flooded. You know, the water was like, up to my knees, and so traffic came to a complete standstill. So yeah, that was probably the worst time I can remember.
8. Do you think the seasons have changed in recent years, compared to the past? Yeah I’d say they have. You know, I think it’s fair to say the summer has got quite a lot hotter, because I mean, it seems to be hitting 40 degrees every year now, and that definitely wasn’t the case in the past. And also the winter isn’t as cold as it used to be, because you know, if I think back to when I was a child, it used to snow quite a lot in the north part of our country during the winter, but now it hardly snows at all.