对话亚洲女神杨紫琼(一)

对话亚洲女神杨紫琼(一)


 

一、听力

 

 

二、原文与译文

 
ANJALI RAO: Hi, I'm Anjali Rao.
 
安琪莉.劳伍:大家好,我是安琪利.劳伍。
 
My guest today is the movie star Michelle Yeoh.
 
今天我们邀请到的是著名电影明星杨紫琼。
 
This is Talk Asia.
 
这里是对话亚洲。
 
A trail blazer for Asian actresses in Hollywood, Michelle Yeoh will forever be remembered as the Bond girl who broke all stereotypes of the subservient Asian doll.
 
作为首批打入好莱坞的亚洲女演员,杨紫琼将被永远地看作是打破亚洲乖乖女形象陈旧模式的那个邦女郎。
 
A tomboy since childhood, Yeoh kicked her way into the male dominated world of action movies, starring in Hong Kong films such as Police Story 3 with Jackie Chan.
 
因为从小就是一副假小子的模样,杨紫琼成功打入了一直由男性所主宰的动作电影。她从香港电影开始,比如和成龙合作的《警察故事3》。
 
But it was her role as kernel Wai Lin in James Bond's Tomorrow Never Dies, which put her in the global spotlight.
 
但在与詹姆斯•邦德共同出演的《明日帝国》中扮演的核心人物林慧的角色使得她成为了全球的亮点。
 
She wouldn't do another film for three years until director An Li came calling for Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.
 
接下来的三年,她没有接任何片约,直到后来李安导演请他来演《卧虎藏龙》。
 
And in 2005, Yeoh starred in the Hollywood production, Memoirs of a Geisha. 2005年,
 
杨紫琼在好莱坞电影《艺伎回忆录》中担任了主要角色。
 
MICHELLE YEOH: Slide your foot forward, that's it. Now walk.
 
杨紫琼:慢慢向前挪动你的脚步,就像这样。
 
You are a magnificent Geisha.
 
现在开始走。你是一个出色的艺伎。
 
ANJALI RAO: A leading actress for over 20 years, the Malaysian native is still going strong, with films such as the third installment of the Mummy series coming out later this year.
 
安琪莉•劳伍:出演了20多年的女主角,作为马来西亚当地人的她仍在逐步走红,她的《木乃伊3》将于今年晚些时候拍完。
 
MICHELLE YEOH: He buried his enemies underneath it.
 
杨紫琼:他将他的敌人埋在底下了。 I will call them to battle once again. 我会让他们重新再打。
 
ANJALI RAO: Recently she's also taken a keen interest in charity.
 
安琪莉•劳伍:最近,她也在慈善事业上表现出了极大的兴趣。
 
MICHELLE YEOH: On our first fact finding trip to Vietnam, the emotional trauma, that greeted us, has galvanized me into standing up, we can stop this.
 
杨紫琼:我第一次到越南旅行的时候发现了这样一个事实,映入我眼帘是那些情感的创伤,那件事激励我站起来,我们一定能够阻止这些。
 
ANJALI RAO: I meet Michelle as she revisits her stamping ground.
 
安琪莉•劳伍:我在杨紫琼经常去的地方见到了她。
 
Hi, how are you?
 
嗨,你好!
 
MICHELLE YEOH: Hi, what a pleasure it is to meet you.
 
杨紫琼:你好,很高兴见到你。
 
ANJALI RAO: And she takes me to her favorite spot in Hong Kong, the peak.
 
安琪莉•劳伍:她带我去了全香港她最喜欢的景点,山顶缆车。
 
So, Michelle welcome back to Hong Kong, since you were in Bombay, we're on the pink tram.
 
嗯,杨紫琼,之前你都在孟买,那么欢迎回到香港,我们坐上了粉红色的轻轨。
 
How easy is this for you to just sort of, you know, jump on public transport and hang out with the haploid?
 
对于你来说,你知道,跳上一辆公交交通工具然后独自闲逛是件容易的事吗?
 
MICHELLE YEOH: It's pretty easy, you know.
 
杨紫琼:这是很简单的事,你知道。
 
It's wonderful because I think that they also treat me as one of their own, you know.
 
这种感觉很棒因为他们把我当作他们中的一员,你知道。
 
And so when they would come up and say hi, you know, you just wave at them and they respect your privacy.
 
当他们上来和我打招呼的时候,你知道,你只是和他们挥手而且他们会尊重你的隐私。
 
They give you your space, and so you know, you get on with everyday life, how it should be.
 
他们给你属于你的空间,并且你知道,你每天都要生活,就应该是这样的。
 
ANJALI RAO: Um. Firstly, actually Hong Kong is sort of like that.
 
安琪莉•劳伍:嗯,首先,事实上香港也有点类似那样的。
 
What does this place mean to you these days?
 
这些天在这个地方对你来说意味着什么?
 
MICHELLE YEOH: It's a very special place, 'cause this is honestly where my career started.
 
杨紫琼:这是一个非常特别的地方,因为坦白地说这是我事业的起点。
 
So for me apart from that, I've lived here for so long.
 
因此对我来说也是从这里离开的,我在这里住了很长一段时间。
 
So the people here are certain friends, are like my family.
 
因此这里的人都是我的朋友,就像我的家人一样。
 
So whenever I come back to Asia, apart from going home to Malaysia, I always stop in Hong Kong, you know, it's like a natural thing to do.
 
因此,无论什么时候我回到亚洲,从我马来西亚的家离开,我总会到香港来停留一下,你知道,这是一件很自然的事情。
 
ANJALI RAO: Yea.
 
安琪莉•劳伍:嗯。
 
MICHELLE YEOH: And I love being back here, 'cause you know it's always dynamic, it's always something's happening.
 
杨紫琼:而且我非常愿意回到这里,因为你知道,这里总是生机勃勃的,总是会有事情发生。
 
ANJALI RAO: It's true, yea.
 
安琪莉•劳伍:这是事实,是的。
 
MICHELLE YEOH: And you're in touch, you know, with what's going on.
 
杨紫琼:而且,你能接触到这些正在发生的事情。
 
ANJALI RAO: Twenty years though, obviously there's been a lot of changes in that time.
 
安琪莉•劳伍:20年过去了,很显然已经发生了很多改变。
 
MICHELLE YEOH: A lot of changes.
 
杨紫琼:很多改变。
 
We've had some great time, we've had some difficult times, but I think Hong Kong is very resilient, basically because of the people.
 
我们有过很多美好的时光,我们有过很多困难的时候,但是我认为香港是一个非常有活力的地方,因为这里的人,
 
They're very resilient, very, they persevere. 他们非常有活力,他们有坚持下去的勇气。
 
ANJALI RAO: Yeah.
 
安琪莉•劳伍:是的。
 
MICHELLE YEOH: They are consistent, and you know, they know what they want in life and it's very inspiring in many sense of the word.
 
杨紫琼:他们很稳定,他们清楚地知道自己想要什么样的生活,而这从某种意义上来说是很能鼓舞人的。
 
ANJALI RAO: Well, we're here, shall we?
 
安琪莉•劳伍:好的,我们到了,就在这里下可以吗?