Section C Compound Dictation
There are a lot of good cameras available at the moment-most of these are made in Japan but are also good (36) ______ models from Germany and the USA. We have (37) ______ a range of different models to see which is the best (38) ______ for money. After a number of different tests and interviews with people who are (39) ______ with the different cameras being (40) ______ , our researchers (41) ______ the Olympic BY model as the best auto-focus camera available at the moment. It costs $200, although you may well want to spend more-(42) ______ as much as another $200-on buying (43) ______ lenses and other equipment. It is a good Japanese camera, easy to use. (44) ____________________________________________________ whereas the American versions are considerably more expensive.
The Olympic BY model weighs only 320 grams which is quite a bit less than other cameras of a similar type. Indeed, one of the other models we looked at weighed almost twice as much. (45) _______________________________________________________________________ . All the people we interviewed expressed almost total satisfaction with it. (46) ____________________________________________________________ .
解析：value for money意为“性价比”。
44. 标准答案：Equivalent German models tend to be heavier and slightly less easy to use
听音关键：German models, heavier, less easy to use
答案重构：1) Similar German models are usually heavier and slightly less convenient to use
2) The same German models/cameras/ones tend to be heavier and a little more difficult to use
45. 标准答案：Similarly, it is smaller than most of its competitors, thus fitting easily into a pocket or handbag
听音关键：Similarly, smaller than, competitors, fit easily
答案重构：Similarly, it is smaller than other models and can be put in a pocket or handbag easily
46. 标准答案：The only problem was a slight awkwardness in loading the film
听音关键：problem, awkwardness, load, film
答案重构：1) The only problem was a slight trouble/difficulty in loading the film
2) The only problem was that it may be a little difficult to put the film into the camera